Engage with the museum at home
There are plenty of ways for you to explore BC’s natural
history and human history, whether you’re browsing from
your sofa or tackling schoolwork at your kitchen table.
You can still enjoy their online programs, from materials for learners of all
ages to videos, talks with curators and more.
For parents, teaching parents and adult learners:
· Educators (including parents at home!) might use a helping hand these days. RBCM@Home (Office Hours)
is online support just for educators, every second Monday and Friday.
· If you miss the great outdoors, join the RBCM@Outside webinars. These themed virtual field trips to local
destinations are every second Wednesday.
· Hang out (virtually) with museum curatorial and collections staff every Tuesday and Thursday
100 Objects of Interest
· Learn how research helps unlock the secrets to BC and the cultures that flourish here on the Research Portal
· Reacquaint yourself with a giant of the art world at the Emily Carr timeline
· Check out the Royal BC Museum presence on the Google Art Project, featuring Emily Carr and more
· Curl up with a Royal BC Museum ebook or audiobook.
For archival explorers:
· Search the BC Archives collection for textual records, photographs, documentary art, sound recordings, moving
images and cartographic records
· Tend to the roots of your BC family tree with genealogical research at the BC Archives and take a journey with
Dr. Evan Adams in this short doc to learn about the resources we can offer
· For a virtual orientation to the Archives, including an introduction to our collections and genealogy databases,
check out their instructional videos
· If you’re ready to further your research on a subject, check out the helpful tips and tricks in the online reference guides
· Follow the BC Archives on Twitter for highlights of our digitized collections
For the video-minded:
· Check out our trove of This Week in History clips, produced with CHEK TV
· Get reacquainted with the Webster! playlist on our YouTube channel
We’re also developing new online programs to continue to keep you engaged with stories of BC history and with our museum experts, no matter where you are in the province (or the world, for that matter!). Stay tuned.
Upcoming Online EventsCheck out our new, free online series and hang out with us at home. View our calendar of events